[openstack-dev] [all][qa][glance] some recent tempest problems

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Jun 16 14:56:06 UTC 2017

On 06/16/2017 09:51 AM, Sean McGinnis wrote:

>> It would be useful to provide detailed examples. Everything is trade
>> offs, and having the conversation in the abstract is very difficult to
>> understand those trade offs.
>>
>> 	-Sean
>>

> We've had this issue in Cinder and os-brick. Usually around Ceph, but if
> you follow the user survey, that's the most popular backend.
>
> The problem we see is the tempest test that covers this is non-voting.
> And there have been several cases so far where this non-voting job does
> not pass, due to a legitimate failure, but the tempest patch merges anyway.
>

> To be fair, these failures usually do point out actual problems that need
> to be fixed. Not always, but at least in a few cases. But instead of it
> being addressed first to make sure there is no disruption, it's suddenly
> a blocking issue that holds up everything until it's either reverted, skipped,
> or the problem is resolved.
>
> Here's one recent instance: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/471352/

So, before we go further, ceph seems to be -nv on all projects right
now, right? So I get there is some debate on that patch, but is it
blocking anything?

Again, we seem to be missing specifics and a set of events here, which
lacking that everyone is trying to guess what the problems are, which I
don't think is effective.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague