[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-10 and R-9, June 16-30

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jun 16 08:11:28 UTC 2017

Welcome to our regular release countdown email!

Development Focus
-----------------

Teams should be reconsidering how much they can deliver in the Pike
release, prioritizing critical items and wrapping up what was started.

Actions
-------

We are getting closer to the final Pike release. A number of deadlines
will affect us next month:

* On R-7 week (before July 13) we'll close the extra-atcs lists, so if
you have a contributor whose work is not reflected in commit authorship,
you might want to submit a patch to the openstack/governance repository
(reference/projects.yaml file) to reflect that

* On R-6 week (before Jul 20) we'll have final releases for non-client
libraries. Only emergency bug fix updates are allowed after that date,
not releases for FFEs. So you should prioritize any feature work that
includes work in libraries to ensure that it can be completed and the
library released before the freeze.

* On R-5 week (before Jul 27) we'll have final releases for client
libraries, together with Pike-3 milestone releases (and Feature freeze)
for projects following the cycle-with-milestones model.

For projects following the cycle-with-intermediary release model, and
who haven't done a release during the Pike cycle yet, time is running
low to do more than one release this cycle! That would be aodh, bifrost,
ceilometer, cloudkitty, karbor, magnum, panko, and tacker.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Extra-ATC addition deadline: July 13
Non-client libraries final releases: July 20
Client libraries final releases: July 27
Pike-3 milestone (and Feature freeze): July 27
Final Pike release: August 30
Queens PTG in Denver: Sept 11-15

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)