[openstack-dev] [all][stable][ptls] Tagging mitaka as EOL

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Jun 16 05:12:36 UTC 2017

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 04:47:25PM +1000, Tony Breeds wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I'm late in sending this announement, but I'm glad to see several projects
> have already requested EOL releases to make it trivial and obvious where to
> apply the tag.
>
> I'm proposing to EOL all projects that meet one or more of the following
> criteria:
>
> - The project is openstack-dev/devstack, openstack-dev/grenade or
>   openstack/requirements
> - The project has the 'check-requirements' job listed as a template in
>   project-config:zuul/layout.yaml
> - The project gates with either devstack or grenade jobs
> - The project is listed in governance:reference/projects.yaml and is tagged
>   with 'stable:follows-policy'.
>
> Some statistics:
> All Repos                      : 1584 (covered in zuul/layout.yaml)
> Checked Repos                  :  416 (match one or more of the above criteria)
> Repos with mitaka branches     :  409
> EOL Repos                      :  199 (repos that match the criteria *and* have
>                                        a mitaka branch) [1]
> NOT EOL Repos                  :  210 (repos with a mitaka branch but
>                                        otherwise do not match) [2]
> DSVM Repos (staying)           :   68 (repos that use dsvm but don't have
>                                        mitaka branches)
> Tagged Repos                   :    0
> Open Reviews                   :  159 (reviews to close)
>
> Please look over both lists by 2017-04-17 00:00 UTC and let me know if:
> - A project is in list 1 and *really* *really* wants to opt *OUT* of EOLing and
>   why.  Note doing this will amost certainly reduce the testing coverage you
>   have in the gate.
> - A project is in list 2 that would like to opt *IN* to tagging/EOLing
>
> Any projects that will be EOL'd will need all open reviews abandoned before it
> can be processed.  I'm very happy to do this, or if I don't have permissios to
> do it ask a gerrit admin to do it.

It seeems a little odd to be following up so long after I first started
this thread .... but can someone on infra please process the EOLs as
described in [1].

Yours Tony.

[1] https://gist.githubusercontent.com/tbreeds/c99e62bf8da19380e4eb130be8783be7/raw/6d02deb40e07516ce8fc529d2ba8c74af11a5a6b/mitaka_eol_data.txt