[openstack-dev] [tc][fuel] Making Fuel a hosted project

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 20:50:40 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd fully support the removal of all deployment projects from the "official
> OpenStack projects list".

Nice to hear Jay! :)

It was intentional from the beginning to not be in the deployment
space, we allowed those projects in (not unanimously IIRC) and most of
them did not evolve as expected.

I would not mind picking one winner and spending effort making an
extremely easy, smooth, upgradable install that is The OneTrue
OpenStack, I do not expect us to ever agree what that will look like
so it is effectively never going to happen.  We've seen how far
single-vendor projects have gone, and none of them reached that level.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com