[openstack-dev] [tc][fuel] Making Fuel a hosted project

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jun 15 14:35:23 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-15 10:48:21 +0200 (+0200), Thierry Carrez wrote:
[...]
> I think that, despite the efforts of the Fuel team, Fuel did not become
> what we hoped when we made it official: a universal installer that would
> be used across the board. It was worth a try, I'm happy that we tried,
> but I think it's time to stop considering it a part of "OpenStack"
> proper and make it a hosted project. It can of course continue its
> existence as an unofficial project hosted on OpenStack infrastructure.
>
> Thoughts ?

I agree, it makes sense to be more clear as to the lack of
community-wide support for that effort. Perhaps if its popularity
increases outside one vendor's customer base to the point where
contributions from a broader set of stakeholders emerge, we can once
again evaluate its governance state.
--
Jeremy Stanley