[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Moving away from "big tent" terminology

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jun 15 12:57:20 UTC 2017

Sean Dague wrote:
> [...]
> I think those are all fine. The other term that popped into my head was
> "Friends of OpenStack" as a way to describe the openstack-hosted efforts
> that aren't official projects. It may be too informal, but I do think
> the OpenStack-Hosted vs. OpenStack might still mix up in people's head.

My original thinking was to call them "hosted projects" or "host
projects", but then it felt a bit incomplete. I kinda like the "Friends
of OpenStack" name, although it seems to imply some kind of vetting that
we don't actually do.

An alternative would be to give "the OpenStack project infrastructure"
some kind of a brand name (say, "Opium", for OpenStack project
infrastructure ultimate madness) and then call the hosted projects
"Opium projects". Rename the Infra team to Opium team, and voilĂ !

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)