[openstack-dev] [fuel] stable branches maintenance

Denis Meltsaykin dmeltsaykin at mirantis.com
Thu Jun 15 12:48:00 UTC 2017

Greetings everyone!

Since the development of fuel-related projects is currently not so active
as it used to be, I want to propose a change in how we maintain stable
branches.

-Motivation-
As for now to commit anything into a stable branch of a fuel-related
project one should get at least one approval from a core developer in that
project and another approval from the maintenance team. While this was a
pretty good working workflow in the last couple of years, at the moment it
slows down the maintenance of the stable branches due to reduced presence
of core developers.

-Proposal-
I propose to grant CR+2 permissions in the stable branches to the
fuel-stable-core [0] group, which represents the current maintenance team
working on the stable branches.
Since the beginning the maintenance team is one of the most active
contributors to the stable branches of fuel-* projects and is fully
involved into the contribution process. I've prepared a commit [1]
beforehand.

-Advantages-
Maintenance of the stable branches will become significantly better.

-Disadvantages-
None.

[0]: https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/984,members
[1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/474541/