[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Future of the tripleo-quickstart-utils project

Raoul Scarazzini rasca at redhat.com
Wed Jun 14 14:38:11 UTC 2017

On 13/06/2017 21:14, Emilien Macchi wrote:
[...]>> Moving this stuff in the tripleo-validations project would impose a
>> massive change in the approach HA validation is made today.
>> The bash script way is something that was used to make someone able to
>> do the validation even without ansible. Anyone could write his test by
>> just adding the script inside the test (and recovery) dir.
>> This is the tech reason behind the choice, and today this is doing great
>> as it is.
>> So I think that until I can reserve a slot to make this "port" this can
>> stay where it is today.
> It's unclear to me if yes or no you're willing to move this bash
> script into tripleo-validations.

Mine it's basically a yes, I just need to figure out a coherent
migration path. I don't see this as a thing I can do one day to another,
but I'll start working on it.

[...]>> Since we're moving into integrating stonith and (hopefully)
instance HA
>> directly inside tripleo, then this can stay where it is today, it would
>> be useless giving effort in putting this since soon we will have the
>> same directly inside tripleo.
> Ok, so forget this one if the problem is solved within TripleO.

Yes, this seems reasonable.

[...]
>>> I would suggest to move it to tripleo-docs, so we have a single place for doc.
>> Action item for me here: move this document under tripleo-docs. I'm
>> already preparing a review for this.

So I finally updated a review [1] for the documentation, it took quite a
bit to adapt it to the audience of the tripleo-docs project, but it now
seems fine... at least to me :)

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/474225/

Many thanks for your time Emilien.

--