[openstack-dev] [heat][tripleo] Making stack outputs static

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Tue Jun 13 20:52:57 UTC 2017

On 13/06/17 13:00, Ben Nemec wrote:

>>> There's an experimental job that runs only on the heat repo
>>> (gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-nonha-convergence)
>>>
>>> But yeah now seems like a good time to get something running more
>>> regularly in tripleo-ci.
>>
>> +1, there's no reason not to run a non-voting job against tripleo itself
>> at this point IMHO. That would allow me to start tracking the memory use
>> over time.
>
> Do you have a strong preference multinode vs. ovb?  I would tend to
> think we want this to be ovb since multinode stubs out a bunch of stuff,
> but at the same time ovb capacity is limited.  It's better* now that
> we've basically halved our ovb ci coverage so we could probably get away
> with adding a job to a specific repo though (t-h-t seems logical for
> this purpose).

The job I've been tracking memory usage on against t-h-t was
tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-nonha... which I see no longer exists (doh!). So
I guess we can pick whatever it makes sense to track over the long term.

We want something fairly representative, so that we can be confident to
flip the switch early in Queens development. I don't think it especially
matters whether we're using baremetal servers or VMs though... that
should be fairly transparent to Heat.

cheers,
Zane.