[openstack-dev] [storyboard][release][help] Anyone interested in adding bug-closing logic ?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jun 13 13:59:16 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

A long time ago, I wrote some Launchpad/release code so that when a
release is tagged, automation would go through the commit messages and
post a message on Launchpad bugs that are mentioned in a "Closes-Bug:"
stanza in the commit message of the changes corresponding to the release.

This logic lives in:
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/jenkins/scripts/release-tools/release.sh#n94

which then calls:
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/jenkins/scripts/release-tools/launchpad_add_comment.py

This functionality is missing for StoryBoard-driven projects. We'd need
something similar, that detects "Closes-Story:" stanzas and calls a new
storyboard_add_comment.py script.

With more and more projects being migrated to StoryBoard, would there be
anyone interested in writing that missing link ? It should be mostly
straightforward, the only obvious difficulty being storing StoryBoard
credentials for a release comment bot on the infra side.

It sounds like a great way to experiment with the StoryBoard API :)
So... Anyone interested ? Please ask me (or dhellmann) on
#openstack-release if you have questions...

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)