[openstack-dev] [nova][vlan trunking] Guest networking configuration for vlan trunk

Robert Li (baoli) baoli at cisco.com
Tue Jun 13 13:53:37 UTC 2017

A quick update on this. As suggested by members of the community, I created a nova blueprint https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/expose-vlan-trunking, and posted a spec for Queens here: https://review.openstack.org/471815. Sean Mooney suggested in his review that automatic vlan subinterface configuration in the guest should be enabled/disabled on per trunk basis. I think that it’s a good idea. But to do that requires API and database schema changes. If it’s something that the community would like to go with, then I’d think it requires a RFE from the neutron side. We need reviews and feedbacks to move this forward.

Thanks,
Robert