[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Role updates

Dan Prince dprince at redhat.com
Tue Jun 13 12:58:27 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-06-09 at 09:24 -0600, Alex Schultz wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I wanted to bring to your attention that we've merged the change[0]
> add a basic set of roles that can be combined to create your own
> roles_data.yaml as needed.  With this change the roles_data.yaml and
> roles_data_undercloud.yaml files in THT should not be changed by
> hand.

In general I like the feature.

I added some comments to your validations [1] patch below. We need
those validations, but I think we need to carefully consider adding a
hard dependency on python-tripleoclient simply to have validations in
tree. Wondering if perhaps a t-h-t-utils library project might be in
order here to contain routines we use in t-h-t and in higher level
workflow tools in Mistral and on the CLI? This might also make the
tools/process-templates.py stuff cleaner as well.

Thoughts?

Dan