[openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging][mistral] For how long is blocking executor deprecated?

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Tue Jun 13 07:33:08 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 01:53:02PM +0700, Renat Akhmerov wrote:
>Can you please clarify for how long you plan to keep ‘blocking executor’ deprecated before complete removal?

Like all deprecations. We just done it, so you have two cycles, we will
remove it in Rocky.

But as I said, this executor have never ever be tested. Even its
currently default, this default was chosen to not default to 'eventlet'
or 'threading', because this is an application choice and not a lib one.
But this (bad) default and the poor logged message haven't helped to
ensure application make the choice. That why blocking executor is not
deprecated and all 'executor' parameters in oslo.messaging will become
mandatory.

Cheers,

--
Mehdi Abaakouk