[openstack-dev] [tripleo][ci] TripleO OVB check gates to move to third party

Ronelle Landy rlandy at redhat.com
Mon Jun 12 23:19:36 UTC 2017

Greetings,

TripleO OVB check gates are managed by upstream Zuul and executed on nodes
provided by test cloud RH1. RDO Cloud is now available as a test cloud to
be used when running CI jobs. To utilize to RDO Cloud, we could either:

    - continue to run from upstream Zuul (and spin up nodes to deploy the
overcloud from RDO Cloud)
    - switch the TripleO OVB check gates to run as third party and manage
these jobs from the Zuul instance used by Software Factory

The openstack infra team advocates moving to third party.
The CI team is meeting with Frederic Lepied, Alan Pevec, and other members
of the Software Factory/RDO project infra tream to discuss how this move
could be managed.

Note: multinode jobs are not impacted - and will continue to run from
upstream Zuul on nodes provided by nodepool.

Since a move to third party could have significant impact, we are posting
this out to gather feedback and/or concerns that TripleO developers may
have.

Thanks!