[openstack-dev] [ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Fri Jun 9 08:55:12 UTC 2017

Sigh.

Jim, you're on of the brightest people I've ever worked with. The project will
definitely have hard time recovering from the loss, and so will I personally.
Thank you for your great patches, discussions, for your leadership during your
times as a PTL.

I heartily wish you the very best of luck with your new challenges, and please
don't disappear :)

On 06/08/2017 02:45 PM, Jim Rollenhagen wrote:
> Hey friends,
>
> I've been mostly missing for the past six weeks while looking for a new job, so
> maybe you've forgotten me already, maybe not. I'm happy to tell you I've found
> one that I think is a great opportunity for me. But, I'm sad to tell you that
> it's totally outside of the OpenStack community.
>
> The last 3.5 years have been amazing. I'm extremely grateful that I've been able
> to work in this community - I've learned so much and met so many awesome people.
> I'm going to miss the insane(ly awesome) level of collaboration, the summits,
> the PTGs, and even some of the bikeshedding. We've built amazing things
> together, and I'm sure y'all will continue to do so without me.
>
> I'll still be lurking in #openstack-dev and #openstack-ironic for a while, if
> people need me to drop a -2 or dictate old knowledge or whatever, feel free to
> ping me. Or if you just want to chat. :)
>
> <3 jroll
>
> P.S. obviously my core permissions should be dropped now :P

Sure, sure. I'm getting used to doing it :(