[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder] Is there interest in an admin-api to refresh volume connection info?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 04:18:41 UTC 2017

On 6/8/2017 6:17 PM, John Griffith wrote:
> ​The attachment_update call could do this for you, might need some
> slight tweaks because I tried to make sure that we weren't having
> attachment records be modified things that lived forever and were
> dynamic.  This particular case seems like a descent fit though, issue
> the call; cinder queries the backend to get any updated connection info
> and sends it back.  I'd leave it to Nova to figure out if said info has
> been updated or not.  Just iterate through the attachment_ids in the bdm
> and update/refresh each one maybe?

Yeah, although we have to keep in mind that's a new API we're not even
using yet for volume attach, so anything I'm thinking about here has to
handle old-style attachments (old-style as in, you know, today). Plus we
don't have a migration plan yet for the old style attachments to the new
style. At the Pike PTG we said we'd work on that in Queens.

I definitely want to use new shiny things at some point, we just have to
handle the old crufty things too.

Matt