[openstack-dev] [forum] Future of Stackalytics

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jun 8 17:51:56 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-08 09:49:03 -0700 (-0700), Ken'ichi Ohmichi wrote:
[...]
> > There is a foundation member directory API now which provides
> > affiliation details and history, so if it were my project (it's
> > not though) I'd switch to querying that and delete all the
> > static affiliation mapping out of that config instead. Not only
> > would it significantly reduce the reviewer load for
> > Stackalytics, but it would also provide a greater incentive for
> > contributors to keep their affiliation data updated in the
> > foundation member directory.
>
> Interesting idea, thanks. It would be nice to centralize such
> information into a single place. Can I know the detail of the API?
> I'd like to take a look for some prototyping.

It only _just_ rolled to production at
https://openstackid-resources.openstack.org/api/public/v1/members
yesterday so I don't know how stable it should be considered at this
particular moment. The implementation is at
but details haven't been added to the API documentation in that repo
yet. (I also just now realized we haven't added a publishing job for
those API docs either, so I'm working on that bit immediately.)

The relevant GET parameters for this case are
filter=email==somebody at example.com and relations=all_affiliations
which gets you a list under the "affiliations" key with all
start/end dates and organizations for the member associated with
that address. This of course presumes contributors update their
foundation profiles to include any E-mail addresses they use with
Git, as well as recording appropriate affiliation timeframes. Those
fields in the member directory profiles have existed for quite a few
years now, so hopefully at least some of us have already done that.
--
Jeremy Stanley