[openstack-dev] [forum] Future of Stackalytics

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Thu Jun 8 13:22:48 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 06:55:57PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2017-05-17 16:16:30 +0200 (+0200), Thierry Carrez wrote:
> [...]
> > we need help with completing the migration to infra. If interested
> > you can reach out to fungi (Infra team PTL) nor mrmartin (who
> > currently helps with the transition work).
> [...]
>
> The main blocker for us right now is addressed by an Infra spec
> (Stackalytics is an unofficial project and it's unclear to us where
> design discussions for it happen):
>
>     https://review.openstack.org/434951
>
> In particular, getting the current Stackalytics developers on-board
> with things like this is where we've been failing to make progress
> mainly (I think) because we don't have a clear venue for discussions
> and they're stretched pretty thin with other work. If we can get
> some additional core reviewers for that project (and maybe even talk
> about turning it into an official team or joining them up as a
> deliverable for an existing team) that might help.
> --
> Jeremy Stanley

Agree with Jeremy.

We have been running a shadow instances of stackalytics[1] for 2 years now. So,
we could make the flip today to our community infrastructure if we wanted too.
The persistent cache would be a helpful thing to avoid potential re-imports of
all the data.

We also have another issue where we loose access to gerrit and our apache
process pins CPU to 100%, these might also be low hanging friut for people
wanting to get involved.

[1] http://stackalytics.openstack.org