[openstack-dev] [telemetry][ceilometer][gnocchi] Query on adding new meters to Gnocchi
Deepthi V V
deepthi.v.v at ericsson.com
Thu Jun 8 05:35:43 UTC 2017
I am trying to add new meters/resource types in gnocchi. I came across 2 files:
Gnocchi_resources.yaml and ceilometer_update script which will make Gnocchi api calls for resource_type addition.
I have a few queries. Could you please clarify them.
1. Is it sufficient to add the resource types only in gnocchi_resources.yaml file.
2. OR is the ceilometer_update script also required to be modified. Is this script responsible for defining attributes in metadata.
3. If I have to perform function done by step 2, as an alternative to updating the script, is it correct to bring up the system in following order
* Change gnocchi_resources.yaml for new resource types.
* Start ceilometer and gnocchi processes.
* Execute Gnocchi REST apis to create new resource types.
Thanks in advance.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev