[openstack-dev] [telemetry][ceilometer][gnocchi] Query on adding new meters to Gnocchi

Deepthi V V deepthi.v.v at ericsson.com
Thu Jun 8 05:35:43 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am trying to add new meters/resource types in gnocchi. I came across 2 files:
Gnocchi_resources.yaml and ceilometer_update script which will make Gnocchi api calls for resource_type addition.
I have a few queries. Could you please clarify them.

  1.  Is it sufficient to add the resource types only in gnocchi_resources.yaml file.
  2.  OR is the ceilometer_update script also required to be modified. Is this script responsible for defining attributes in metadata.
  3.  If I have to perform function done by step 2, as an alternative to updating the script, is it correct to bring up the system in following order
     *   Change gnocchi_resources.yaml for new resource types.
     *   Start ceilometer and gnocchi processes.
     *   Execute Gnocchi REST apis to create new resource types.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Deepthi