[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Ansible roles repo and how to inject them into the overcloud

Juan Antonio Osorio jaosorior at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 14:25:27 UTC 2017

Hi folks!

I would like to know if there are thoughts about where to put
tripleo-specific ansible roles.

I've been working lately on a role that would deploy ipsec tunnels for most
networks in an overcloud [1]. And I think that would be quite useful for
folks as an alternative to TLS everywhere. However, I don't know in what
TripleO repository I could put that role. Any ideas?

Also, I know I could call that from a composable service (although I would
need that to be ran after the puppet steps so maybe I'll need an extra
hook). However, is there any recommended way right now on how to inject
extra ansible roles into the overcloud nodes? If not, maybe a dedicated
hook to do this kind of thing would be something useful for others as well.

Any thoughts?

[1] https://github.com/JAORMX/tripleo-ipsec

--
Juan Antonio Osorio R.