[openstack-dev] [tripleo] [ci] Adding idempotency job on overcloud deployment.

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Jun 7 10:57:07 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Sofer Athlan-Guyot <sathlang at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think we have such a job in place.  Basically that would check
> that re-running the "openstack deploy ..." command won't do anything.
>
> We had such an error by the past[1], but I'm not sure this has been
> captured by an associated job.
>
> WDYT ?

It would be interesting to measure how much time does it take to run
it again. If it's short, we could add it to all our scenarios + ovb
jobs. If it's long, maybe we need an additional job, but it would take
more resources, so maybe we could run it in periodic pipeline (note
that periodic jobs are not optimal since we could break something
quite easily).

> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1664650
> --
> Sofer Athlan-Guyot