[openstack-dev] [tripleo] improving logs / config path in oooq-container jobs

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Jun 7 08:44:07 UTC 2017

By reviewing https://review.openstack.org/#/c/447176 which is solving
an urgent issue in Infra to save space in logs server, I found out
that container jobs store config and logs in paths that are not easy
to find by newcomers.

Example: http://logs.openstack.org/76/447176/4/check-tripleo/gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-containers-oooq-nv/4e266e7/logs/oooq/overcloud-controller-0/var/log/config-data/
Folks have to go on
logs/oooq/overcloud-controller-0/var/log/config-data/ to find out
OpenStack configs on each containers.

I think we could make this path easier in our log collection scripts.
Also, we already mentioned that but it would be great to engage some
work to have a landing page when we click on logs, like devstack is
doing, with some basic documentation on where we can find which files
(logs, configs, etc).

Emilien Macchi