[openstack-dev] [stable][kolla][release] Policy regarding backports of gate code

Michał Jastrzębski inc007 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 16:42:58 UTC 2017

Hello,

Since we're working hard on providing pipeline for docker publishing,
that will require heavy gating of container images to be published. We
also would like to publish stable/ocata images to enable release
upgrade gates from O to P.

My question is, is it ok to backport gate logic to stable branch?
Regular code doesn't change so it might not be considered a feature
backport (users won't see a thing).
Since zuul runs all the jobs regarding of branch, unless we backport
this code, our multinode ocata jobs will be just huge waste of
resources.

First of reviews in question: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/466007/
As you can see it's quite an extensive overhaul of gating so it's much
more than a bug. How should we proceed?

Regards,
Michal