[openstack-dev] [tc][ptls][all] Potential Queens Goal: Migrate Off Paste

Clay Gerrard clay.gerrard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 20:34:40 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 1:21 PM, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think the maintenance issue is the prime motivator, it's the fact
> paste is in /etc which makes it a config file and therefore an impediment
> to smooth upgrades. The more we can move into code, like default policy and
> privsep, the better.

Ah, that makes sense, Swift has had to do all kinds of non-sense to
manipulate pipelines to facilitate smooth upgrade.  But I always assumed
our heavy use of middleware and support for custom extension via third
party middleware just meant it was complexity inherent to our problem we
had to eat until we wrote something better.

https://github.com/openstack/swift/blob/d51ecb4ecc559bf4628159edc2119e96c05fe6c5/swift/proxy/server.py#L50

-Clay