[openstack-dev] [ptg] Strawman Queens PTG week slicing

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jun 1 14:38:05 UTC 2017

Thierry Carrez wrote:
> In a previous thread[1] I introduced the idea of moving the PTG from a
> purely horizontal/vertical week split to a more
> inter-project/intra-project activities split, and the initial comments
> were positive.
>
> We need to solidify how the week will look like before we open up
> registration (first week of June), so that people can plan their
> attendance accordingly. Based on the currently-signed-up teams and
> projected room availability, I built a strawman proposal of how that
> could look:
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xmOdT6uZ5XqViActr5sBOaz_mEgjKSCY7NEWcAEcT-A/pubhtml?gid=397241312&single=true

OK, it looks like the feedback on this strawman proposal was generally
positive, so we'll move on with this.

For teams that are placed on the Wednesday-Friday segment, please let us
know whether you'd like to make use of the room on Friday (pick between
2 days or 3 days). Note that it's not a problem if you do (we have space
booked all through Friday) and this can avoid people leaving too early
on Thursday afternoon. We just need to know how many rooms we might be
able to free up early.

In the same vein, if your team (or workgroup, or inter-project goal) is
not yet listed and you'd like to have a room in Denver, let us know ASAP.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)