[openstack-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: [TripleO] custom configuration to overcloud fails second time

Jiří Stránský jistr at redhat.com
Thu Jun 1 12:17:20 UTC 2017

On 31.5.2017 17:40, Dnyaneshwar Pawar wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> On 5/31/17, 8:06 PM, "Ben Nemec" <openstack at nemebean.com<mailto:openstack at nemebean.com>> wrote:
>
> I think we would need to see what your custom config templates look like
> as well.
>
> Custom config templates: http://paste.openstack.org/show/611114/

Hello Dnyaneshwar,

from a brief scan of that paste i think that:

   OS::TripleO::ControllerExtraConfig: /home/stack/example_2.yaml

should rather be:

   OS::TripleO::ControllerExtraConfigPre: /home/stack/example_2.yaml

The 'Pre' hook gets a `server` parameter (not `servers`) - it's
instantiated per server [1], not per role. There are docs [2] that
describe the interface, and they describe some alternative options as well.

(Please ask such questions on IRC channel #tripleo on freenode, as the
openstack-dev list is meant mainly for development discussion.)

Have a good day,

Jirka

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/blob/b344f5994fcd16e562d55e6e00ad0980c5b32621/puppet/role.role.j2.yaml#L475-L479