[openstack-dev] [collectd-ceilometer-plugin] dpdkstat related meters are not displayed under "ceilometer meter-list"

rajeev.satyanarayana at wipro.com rajeev.satyanarayana at wipro.com
Thu Jun 1 07:51:31 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I am working on bringing up Newton version of Openstack on 3 Nodes(Controller, Compute and Network). I am using OVS with DPDK on my Compute Node and to get dpdk port related statistics on my Ceilometer, I have configured collectd to use DPDKSTAT plugin and also enabled the collectd-ceilometer-plugin as mentioned in their docs. I have used mongodb as the database for ceilometer service. I have observed that "ceilometer meter-list" doesn't display any of the dpdkstat related meters, but when I issue "ceilometer sample-list -m dpdkstat.if_rx_packets" I get a table populated with resource-id and other details. I am not sure why "ceilometer meter-list" is not able to list my new dpdkstat meters.

Please find below my setup details:

Node 1: Controller
All the controller based services are running (mysqld, rabbitmq-server, mongodb, keystone, glance, dashboard, ceilometer-[notification/central/collector])

Node 2: Compute
All compute based services are running (nova-compute, ovs-agent, openstack-ceilometer-compute.service)

When I enable csv based write plugin in collectd, I could see all the csv files getting generated for all the dpdkstat counters and it also has data in it.
One observation is, I see that that dpdkstat counters like rx_size_1024_to_max_packets etc are getting populated as resource-id  for the meter dpdkstat.if_rx_packets. Is this behavior correct? Or should rx_size_1024_to_max_packets be considered as meter?

After enabling both collectd-ceilometer-plugin, should I modify or update the meters.yaml or pipeline.yaml to specify dpdkstat related meters?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Rajeev.