[openstack-dev] [Cinder][Nova][Requirements] Lib freeze exception for os-brick

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Jul 31 14:37:19 UTC 2017

I am requesting a library release of os-brick during the feature freeze
in order to fix an issue with the recently landed online volume extend
feature across Nova and Cinder.

Patches have landed in both projects to add this feature. It wasn't until
later that Matt was able to get tempest tests in that found an issue with
some of the logic in the os-brick library. That has now been fixed in the
stable/pike branch in os-brick with this patch:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/489227/

We can get a new library release out as soon as the freeze is over, but
due to the fact that we do not raise global requirements for stable
branches after release, there could be some deployments that would still
use the old ("broken") lib. We would need to get this release out before
the final pike branching of Cinder and Nova to be able to raise G-R to
make sure the new release is used with this fix.

I see this change as a low risk for other regression, and it would allow
us to not ship a broken feature.

Thanks,
Sean