[openstack-dev] [heat][ironic][telemetry][dragonflow][freezer][kuryr][manila][mistral][monasca][neutron][ansible][congress][rally][senlin][storlets][zun][docs] repos without signs of migration starting

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Tue Jul 11 20:08:15 UTC 2017

On 11/07/17 10:43 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from gordon chung's message of 2017-07-11 14:23:41 +0000:
>>
>> On 10/07/17 01:26 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>>> openstack/ceilometer-powervm
>>> openstack/ceilometermiddleware
>>
>> i don't believe there are docs for these. ceilometermiddleware is a
>> simple wsgi middleware and it's usage is part of ceilometer's install
>> docs. ceilometer-powervm contains the powervm driver for ceilometer's
>> polling agent.
>
> I've removed them from the tracking list for now, but it seems like
> both are likely to have contributor documentation, at least, and
> the driver would likely have installation and configuration docs,
> right?

can't speak regarding ceilometer-powervm since it's vendor specific.
ceilometermiddleware is admittedly purely maintenance mode for last few
cycles so i'm going to say realistically, it's very very low priority
for anyone to actually follow through with contributor docs for it.

>> i missed this but how do we handle smaller add-on type repos like this?
>> i imagine we want to keep docs grouped by project so they are not
>> scattered across the same level.
>>
>> cheers,
>>

> The new "rule" for docs is "The documentation for something should
> live in the same repository as the code."
>
> Hyperlinks are easy and free, so we can use those to ensure that the
> results are easy to find. We're building up a nice set of landing pages
> for "all of the admin guides" and "all of the configuration references"
> and so on within the openstack-manuals repository.

ok, sounds good to me.

--
gord