[openstack-dev] [FEMDC] Use Cases

Paul-Andre Raymond paul-andre.raymond at nexius.com
Wed Jul 5 04:53:39 UTC 2017

All,

I look forward to continue discussions on how to structure use cases during our FEMDC call today.

You will find some slides on google doc that describe my thinking.
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1sBczuC2Wu1d_misBmPahLPdvyhOI4QuVy129EHunuUM/edit#slide=id.g1f7f1a38ce_2_102

You will see in there that I feel a use case should include:

  1.  A Deployment Scenario (e.g. NFV or Edge or Federation)
  2.  A Service Use Case  (e.g. IOT, or Mobility or AR or …)
  3.  Openstack component distribution use case  (Regions or Cells or other)
  4.  User plane use case (e.g. Failure scenario)
  5.  Control Plane Use case (e.g. node commissioning or decommissioning)

Please let me know your comments.

Paul-Andre