[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Wiki (was: How to deal with confusion around "hosted projects")

Melvin Hillsman mrhillsman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 15:26:43 UTC 2017

Additionally there are non-project folks who use the wiki - Working Groups
/ UC Teams / SIGs (potentially) - so I also request not making the wiki
read-only.

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
wrote:

> Excerpts from Flavio Percoco's message of 2017-07-03 16:11:44 +0200:
> could be moved

> could be moved
> somewhere
> monitor
> > >
> > >This is a complete tangent, but I'll bite :) We had a thorough
> > >discussion about that last year, summarized at:
> > >
> > >http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-
> June/096481.html
> > >
> > >TL,DR; was that while most authoritative content should (and has been
> > >mostly) moved off the wiki, it's still useful as a cheap publication
> > >platform for teams and workgroups, somewhere between a git repository
> > >with a docs job and an etherpad.
> > >
> > >FWIW the job of migrating authoritative things off the wiki is still
> > >on-going. As an example, Thingee is spearheading the effort to move the
> > >"How to Contribute" page and other first pointers to a reference website
> > >(see recent thread about that).
> >
> > I guess the short answer is that we hope one day we won't need it. I
> certainly
> > do.
> >
> > What would happen if we make the wiki read-only? Would that break peopl's
> > workflow?
> >
> > Do we know what teams modify the wiki more often and what it is they do
> there?
> >
> > Thanks for biting :)
> > Flavio
> >

> The docs team is looking for operators to take over the operators guide
> and move that content to the wiki (operators have said they don't want
> to deal with gerrit reviews).
>
> Please don't make the wiki read-only.
>
> Doug

Kind regards,

Melvin Hillsman
mrhillsman at gmail.com
mobile: (832) 264-2646

Learner | Ideation | Belief | Responsibility | Command