[openstack-dev] [vitrage] status of blueprint crud-templates
Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL/Kfar Sava)
ifat.afek at nokia.com
Mon Jul 3 06:58:41 UTC 2017
We have discussed the templates CRUD in the past, but did not do a detailed design - we only implemented the templates validation as a first phase. You are more than welcome to take the blueprint.
Some issues we talked about:
· The templates should be stored in a database and not in the file system. Alexey Weyl is currently working on adding database support to Vitrage as an enabler to a few blueprints, including the templates CRUD
· There should be an API to add/remove/update a template
· The templates CRUD should be supported in the Vitrage Templates view in Horizon as well. As a second (third?) phase, a smart template editor would be very helpful.
· When adding a template, it should be evaluated against all entities in the graph, and its ‘do’ actions should be called wherever applicable
· When removing a template, it should be evaluated against all entities in the graph, and its ‘undo’ actions should be called wherever applicable
· Updating a template is tricky. A naive implementation is to first remove the old template and then add the new one. This could cause unwanted results, such as a deduced alarm that is deleted and re-raised immediately after that. The preferred solution would be to analyze the differences between the old and new templates, and perform only the needed actions. This might be done as a second phase.
· Need to think about how the entity equivalence definitions align with this feature
· Note that the final release date for python-vitrageclient is July 27th (we can continue working on vitrage core and fix bugs after that). If it is important for you to finish this feature in Pike, you should finish the API prior to this date.
From: "Yujun Zhang (ZTE)" <zhangyujun+zte at gmail.com>
Reply-To: "OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)" <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Date: Monday, 3 July 2017 at 4:49
To: "OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)" <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Cc: "wang.weiya at zte.com.cn" <wang.weiya at zte.com.cn>
Subject: [openstack-dev] [vitrage] status of blueprint crud-templates
Hi, root causers :-)
We recently starts to looking into the CRUD of templates to allow loading them when vitrage is up. It seems there is already one blueprint registered for exactly the same purpose.
Is there any detailed design about it? Do you have already some ideas in mind?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev