[openstack-dev] gate jobs - papercuts

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 20:32:12 UTC 2017

On 1/31/2017 11:49 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Here's the list of job failures that failed in the gate queue.
> captured with my script[1][2] since around 10:00 AM today. All jobs
> failed with just one bad test.
>
> http://logs.openstack.org/48/426448/2/gate/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-full-ubuntu-xenial/ecb3d0a/
>    - tempest.api.compute.servers.test_servers_negative.ServersNegativeTestJSON
> http://logs.openstack.org/48/426448/2/gate/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-full-ssh/71f6c8c/
>              - tempest.api.compute.admin.test_servers.ServersAdminTestJSON
> http://logs.openstack.org/48/376548/8/gate/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-full-ubuntu-xenial/cf3028b/
>    - tempest.api.compute.servers.test_delete_server.DeleteServersTestJSON
> http://logs.openstack.org/68/417668/8/gate/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-full-ssh/27bda02/
>              - tempest.api.compute.volumes.test_attach_volume.AttachVolumeShelveTestJSON
> http://logs.openstack.org/48/423548/11/gate/gate-keystone-python27-db-ubuntu-xenial/a1f55ca/
>        - keystone.tests.unit.test_v3_auth.TestMFARules
> http://logs.openstack.org/61/424961/1/gate/gate-tempest-dsvm-cells-ubuntu-xenial/8a1f9e7/
>           - tempest.api.compute.admin.test_servers.ServersAdminTestJSON
> http://logs.openstack.org/23/426823/3/gate/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-full-ubuntu-xenial/0204168/
>    - tempest.scenario.test_security_groups_basic_ops.TestSecurityGroupsBasicOps
>
> So our gate is now 36 deep with stuff running for little more than 4
> hours repeatedly.... Can folks look deeper please?
>
> Thanks,
> Dims
>
> [1] https://gist.github.com/dims/54b391bd5964d3d208113b16766ea85e
> [2] http://paste.openstack.org/show/597071/

I know of two issues impacting the cells v1 job, one of which is fixed,
the other has a patch recently posted.

The first was one I posted about last night, total blocker for the cells
v1 job which was kicking things out of the gate for Nova, but that is fixed:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/427009/

The other one that's not fixed yet (was just identified today) has a
patch up now:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/427394/

Matt Riedemann