[openstack-dev] [nova][qa] gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode-live-migration-nv is 100% fail since 1/21

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Jan 31 16:48:21 UTC 2017

On 01/27/2017 10:42 PM, Ken'ichi Ohmichi wrote:
>> On 1/27/2017 5:00 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
>>>
>>> I noticed that this job is 100% failure since 1/21:
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/zjh5bc5
>>>

>>> http://logs.openstack.org/61/417961/40/check/gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode-live-migration-nv/8c363cd/logs/devstack-gate-post_test_hook.txt.gz#_2017-01-27_23_43_40_367
>>>

>>> For whatever reason, live_migration=False in tempest.conf:
>>>

>>> http://logs.openstack.org/61/417961/40/check/gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode-live-migration-nv/8c363cd/logs/new/tempest_conf.txt.gz
>>>

>> The only thing I can think that might be causing some mischief is the
>> devstack-tools stuff that was integrated recently into the CI system, which
>> messes with local.conf. But I don't know enough about how that works, so
>> would need sdague to investigate.
>
> Yeah, this misconfiguration happens only on grenade multinode jobs only.
> The live_migration config is set correctly on tempest multinode jobs
> like http://logs.openstack.org/16/411816/5/check/gate-tempest-dsvm-multinode-live-migration-ubuntu-xenial/4a95eca/logs/tempest_conf.txt.gz
> which its grenade multinode jobs fails on the same time.

Yes, it has to do with what's supported in merging for the localrc part
of local.conf:

https://github.com/openstack/devstack-tools/blob/e0098fc212a9d6f19c2f65b9d1965066b190814e/devstack/dsconf.py#L313-L330

This is the regex for matching key/values to set - r"([^#=\s]+)\s*\=\s*(.+)"

Which, means that "export A=B" isn't going to match, when "A=B" would.
The whole strategy around merging here may need some rethinking, but at
this point in the freeze the simpler approach should just be -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/427282/

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague