[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Ocata FFE, CIFE, RC1

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 15:26:09 UTC 2017

== Ocata FFE (feature freeze exception)

We are now in Feature Freeze, which means we won't add any new feature
in TripleO from now until we release final Ocata.
Some exceptions might be made though. Here are the requirements:

- the feature has to be tracked in a blueprint or bug in Launchpad.
- the request for FFE has to be sent on openstack-dev [tripleo]
mailing-list before Friday 3th February.

If the blueprint is not for Ocata anymore or if FFE hasn't be granted,
the blueprint needs to be moved to pike-1.

I would remind our core reviewers to respect this rule and do not
merge features unless FFE has been granted.
The list of features accepted for Ocata (FFE included) is documented here:
https://launchpad.net/tripleo/+milestone/ocata-rc1
(expect some move today, some blueprints will go in Pike unless FFE is asked).

== CIFE (CI freeze exception)

The last thing we want during release time is to break our CI jobs.
Please do not merge big changes in our CI and we will only accept
fixes that we actually need to make continuous integration to release
Ocata.
Gabriele will send another email about quickstart / tripleo-ci changes.

== RC1
We'll propose RC1 once our blueprints and Critical / High bugs are
completed/fixed. It should happen by PTG time, so we'll have 2 more
weeks to make the final release.
Note that this time we'll start branching projects at the very end of
our cycle, so we avoid the backports (like we had in Newton).

Until final release, focus should be on:
- Critical / High bugs for ocata-rc1
- Blueprints with FFE granted for ocata-rc1
- CI stabilization

Any question / feedback is welcome as usual.

Emilien Macchi