[openstack-dev] [aodh][vitrage] Aodh generic alarms

Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL) ifat.afek at nokia.com
Tue Jan 31 13:34:21 UTC 2017

On 30/01/2017, 19:11, "gordon chung" <gord at live.ca> wrote:

> On 29/01/17 08:52 AM, Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL) wrote:
> >
> > Vitrage could be enhanced to become an alarm orchestrator.
> > The question is – do you want Vitrage to be one?
> > And how would you describe the role of an alarm orchestrator/manager?
> >

> i don't really have an opinion on the orchestrator role although it
> seems to be leaning that way.
>
> i'll re-ask a question i had earlier since i'm not entirely clear of
> proposal (if it's still relevant):
>
> if we store a vitrage alarm in aodh, what would the use case be for
> querying it? the alarm occurred and vitrage has already sent a
> notification warning. if i were to query aodh, what additional
> information would i be retrieving?

If you query Vitrage (or get a notification from Vitrage) and then you query Aodh, then Aodh will not return any additional information. But – if you query only Aodh, you will be aware of the fact that the instances are at risk. Without the integration, you will see that all instances are OK performance-wise, and you might mistakenly conclude that everything is else also fine.

Did I answer your question?

Ifat.