[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Oslo] Huge number of deprecation warnings in functional tests

Hayes, Graham graham.hayes at hpe.com
Sat Jan 28 23:24:52 UTC 2017

On 28/01/17 20:54, Sławek Kapłoński wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I pushed today patch in Neutron to gerrit [1] and I noticed that functional
> tests are failing. In logs there is huge number of deprecation warnings
> displayed [2]. Tests are failing because of global timeout is reached and IMO
> reason of this timeout is this huge amount of deprecation warnings.
> I checked that those warnings are disaplyed when oslo.context==2.12.0 is
> installed. With oslo.context==2.11.0 all is fine.
> Should it be reported as bug in Neutron or in Oslo project? Or maybe You
> already know about it and there is some patch to fix it but I couldn't find it?

Its an oslo.context bug - I can't see one filed for it yet.

> [2] http://logs.openstack.org/29/426429/3/check/gate-neutron-dsvm-functional-ubuntu-xenial/7079dc5/console.html

It looks like the warnings function was miss used - this should be set
as a once only message. The stack trace level seems suspect, as it
points as neutron/context.py as the one sending out the notice, not
oslo.contexts base class.

[3] seems to the cause - I would suggest reverting this commit and
doing a 2.13.0 release. This is going to be *really* noisy. (logstash
has 2.5 million items for this string in the last 24 hours)

3 -
https://github.com/openstack/oslo.context/commit/f25543fcc792ebf155728a91fde06e8dc4e96cea