[openstack-dev] [Blazar] PTL Candidacy for Pike

Masahito MUROI muroi.masahito at lab.ntt.co.jp
Fri Jan 27 01:15:18 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

This is my candidacy as Blazar PTL for Pike release cycle. I'm pleased
to announce the self-nomination since some developers got gathered for
re-activate Blazar project in Barcelona summit, then we've started
current activities.

First of all, I'd like to thanks all developers involved in previous
Blazar activities. If the great activities are nothing, we need to think
of our goal from scratch and can't move forward fast we have now.

We all have concrete usecase and demands using Blazar in production even
if the current activities have started from few months ago. I try to
move forward the activities and realize our requirements by Blazar
coming from different technical areas, if elected.

For achieving the goal I'd like to focus on the following in Pike cycle:

* Blazar's Features: Making host reservation feature stable and also
starting to support another resources

The current main activity is making host reservation feature stable
since all of us needs it at least. I'm sure we'll achieve it in next
cycle because of recent active discussion and activity.

In addition to the host reservation, I'd like to start supporting
reservation of another resource for our usecase. I'd think the goal is
more challenging and difficult than host one, but I believe the team can
achieve it since all of this team members has great knowledge and skills.

* Community: Encouraging diversity to this team

The latest activities have been started by few members. It causes this
team looks less diversity.

I'd like to encourage more people to join this team. Encourage meaning
for increasing its user as well as developers. I believe it gives Blazar
more useful features and moves this team forwards.

* Blazar's position: Encouraging Blazar to be in BigTents

Blazar project is now out of BigTents project. The motivation of this
team is making OpenStack more useful by Blazar for each demands or some
problems. Becoming one of BigTents project is an easy way to share
solutions to others who have same demands or problems.

best regards,
Masahito