[openstack-dev] [nova] o-3 and FFEs

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 00:36:11 UTC 2017

This is just a short update on the o-3 tag and FFEs.

We have several changes approved and in the gate, but because of some
resets those won't make the o-3 tag, which I've requested here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/425992/

However, those already approved changes will still get merged and into
Ocata, they just won't be in the o-3 tag, but they'll be in the rc1 tag
and in my opinion that's what really matters.

The main thing we're still working on getting in for Ocata is the filter
scheduler using the placement service:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/417961/

That's still trying to work through issues with multinode grenade.

As for FFEs, I'm not considering anything that's not listed as a priority:

https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/priorities/ocata-priorities.html

Which at this point leaves Sylvain's scheduler change for placement and
then probably Jay's final change for supporting custom resource classes
for Ironic:

https://review.openstack.org/404472

Matt Riedemann