[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-wg/news

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Jan 26 17:00:44 UTC 2017

Greetings OpenStack community,

Today's meeting [0] covered two main topics: Making sure we get input on the process for refactoring the api compatibility guidelines [4] and whether we should have some official time at the PTG. Rather than having official time we decided that the best thing to do was make sure we are available for those topics which are relevant (such as discussion of capabilities [5] and service catalog and version endpoint clarification [6]) and to hang out with the architecture working group. Of the API-WG cores, edleafe and I (cdent) will be at the PTG. Find one of us if there's something that ought to be discussed there and we'll try to set something up.

# Newly Published Guidelines

Nothing recently published.

# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze

Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.

* Add guidelines on usage of state vs. status
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/411528/

* Clarify the status values in versions
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/411849/

* Add guideline for invalid query parameters
   https://review.openstack.org/417441

# Guidelines Currently Under Review [3]

* Add guidelines for boolean names
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/411529/

* Define pagination guidelines
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/390973/

* Add API capabilities discovery guideline
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/386555/

# Highlighting your API impacting issues

If you seek further review and insight from the API WG, please address your concerns in an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list[1] with the tag "[api]" in the subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are facing.

To learn more about the API WG mission and the work we do, see OpenStack API Working Group [2].

Thanks for reading and see you next week!