[openstack-dev] [TripleO][CI] Running experimental OVB and not OVB jobs separately.

Sagi Shnaidman sshnaidm at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 20:42:37 UTC 2017

HI, all

I'd like to propose a bit different approach to run experimental jobs in
TripleO CI.
As you know we have OVB jobs and not-OVB jobs, and different pipelines for
running these two types of them.

What is current flow:
if you need to run experimental jobs, you write comment with "check
experimental" and all types of jobs will run - both OVB and not-OVB.

What is proposal:
for running OVB jobs only, you'll need to leave comment "check
experimental-tripleo", for running non-OVB jobs only you'll still write
"check experimental".
For running all experimental jobs OVB and not-OVB just leave two comments:
check experimental-tripleo
check experimental

>From what I observed people usually want to run one-two of experimental
jobs and usually one type of them. So this more explicit run can save us
expensive OVB resources.
If this not a case and you prefer to run all experimental jobs we have at
once, please provide a feedback and I'll take it back.

Patch about the topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/425184/

Thanks
--
Best regards