[openstack-dev] Is the gate stuck?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jan 25 20:17:02 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-25 20:05:04 +0000 (+0000), Neil Jerram wrote:
> I'm not experienced in reading these things, but it seems that nothing is
> currently getting through the integrated gate, and from [1] it appears this
> is because the gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-full-ubuntu-xenial job of [2] has
> hung.
>
> [1] http://status.openstack.org/zuul/
> [2] https://review.openstack.org/422924

It seems to be moving to me, you probably caught it while Zuul was
calculating a large number of merge-check jobs from a previous
merged change or similar. The very tiny "queue lengths" numbers in
the top-left indicate if Zuul has an outstanding backlog of events
or results to process which are not yet indicated in the displayed
pipeline contents. They're usually around 0 but if you see them
spike up (possibly into the thousands) it's going to take a bit of
time to burn those down first and update the states of various
active changes/pipelines.
--
Jeremy Stanley