[openstack-dev] [I18n] Horizon and Horizon plugins: StringFreeze policies for translation

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 14:23:44 UTC 2017

Hello OpenStack developers!

My name is Ian and I am now serving I18n PTL for Ocata cycle.

For previous releases, I18n team set higher priorities for translations
on Horizon and Horizon plugins
during Soft and Hard StringFreezes to include user-faced translated
strings as much as possible within releases.

On the other hand, since Ocata cycle is a little bit short, on the last
I18n IRC meeting,
I18n team decided to start translations from now although some Horizon
and Horizon plugin projects might
have not freezed all the strings (Soft StringFreeze) yet.
If some projects still have more strings to be freezed, please tell me
through this thread and/or call me (@ianychoi)
on #openstack-18n channel.

Also, since just one week during Soft & Hard Freeze is too short for
translators to complete translating and reviewing strings,
some translation contribution might be after RC1.
I18n team would like to do translations by R-2 week (Feb 06 - Feb 10),
and I hope that all translations
will be successfully included into releases by RC2 and further
intermediary / final RCs.

I do not expect a worse situation: for instance, there will be more
translation in a project during R-2 week
but no further releases will be packed in the corresponding project.

Also, it seems that
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#I18n is out of date.
Please fill out liaison information or I would like to ask about I18n
liaisons later through PTLs :)

With many thanks,

/Ian