[openstack-dev] [networking-sfc]

Bernard Cafarelli bcafarel at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 10:39:51 UTC 2017

Hi Michael,
On 25 January 2017 at 06:50, Michael Gale <gale.michael at gmail.com> wrote:
> My biggest hurdle was around getting the devstack environment functioning, I
> was following the steps here:
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/ServiceInsertionAndChaining
>
> I think the issues are related to using Ubuntu 16.04 instead of Ubuntu 14.04
> and devstack now recommends 16.04. So the OVS steps seem out of place and in
> my local.conf file I needed to set:
> --snip--
> export SFC_UPDATE_OVS=False
[...]
> This could be related to my lack of experience with Devstack, also I was
> concerned with having to set SFC_UPDATE_OVS=False in the configuration. Is
> this affecting the underlying functionality of SFC.
Ah, yes you did the right thing here, with newer distributions you do
not need this, as the available OVS version is enough to run SFC (and
in fact on 16.04 compilation would fail as you experienced).
In fact this was removed on master and backported to stable/newton branch:
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/networking-sfc/commit/?h=stable/newton&id=9256feca05db53bcfa656441b63d555874d3cf68

--
Bernard Cafarelli