[openstack-dev] [kolla-ansible] [kolla] Am I doing this wrong?

Mooney, Sean K sean.k.mooney at intel.com
Wed Jan 25 00:01:08 UTC 2017

[Mooney, Sean K] paul is correct here, I did not intend to suggest that kolla-ansible should not
Be used to generate and manage config files. I simply wanted to point out that where
Customization is required to a config, it is preferable to use the config override mechanism
When possible vs modifying the ansible templates directly.

> Wrt to the fact gathering, I understand your concern, we essentially have the same
> problem in our team. It can be raised again for further discussion, I'm sure there's
> other ways it can be solved.
[Mooney, Sean K] I belive you are intended to be able to use the ansible --limit and --tags flags,
To restrict the plays executed and node processed by a deploy and upgrade command.
I have used the --tags flags successfully in the past, I have had less success with the --limit flag.
In theory with the right combination of --limit and --tag you should be able to constrain  the node
On which facts are gathered to just those that would be modified e.g. 2-3 instead of hundreds.