[openstack-dev] [telemetry] remaining ocata items

Pradeep Kilambi prad at redhat.com
Tue Jan 24 19:14:33 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 2:05 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 12:52 PM, gordon chung <gord at live.ca> wrote:
> >

> > On 24/01/17 11:53 AM, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> >> Yes, even outside TripleO, it's already hard to follow all changes
> >> made in projects, so please do not deprecate things at the end of a
> >> cycle.
> >> Let's take some time, we do it in Pike, making good communication, so
> >> folks like TripleO etc can have the whole Pike cycle to make
> >> adjustments and we can hopefully remove this service in Queen.
> >
> > sigh, this wasn't just a decision we came up with. just that work didn't
> > get done as quick as expected. ie. all the dependent work was done in
> > beginning of cycle. i suggest you read minds better :P.
>
> I'm ok if you deprecate it in Ocata, as long:
>
> 1) it's properly document how to make a transition to the new services.
> 2) We don't remove it in Pike, because work to deprecate it would have
> been done end of Ocata.
>
> Deal?

from what i understand, this would mean the default would change to setting
it via
pipeline and the dispatcher options wont take effect. So this will still
impact us and
we need to make changes to templates and puppet. Its not just about
deprecating it
and removing the code

So its better we wait for pike regardless.