[openstack-dev] [telemetry] remaining ocata items

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Jan 24 16:53:20 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:53 AM, Julien Danjou <julien at danjou.info> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24 2017, gordon chung wrote:
>
>> ceilometer
>> - polling definition file support [1]
>> - configurable control exchanges [2]
>> - deprecate collector [3]
>
> I've -2ed this for now because it is too late to have the TripleO
> changes pushed. That's a shame, but we'll do it first week in Pike.

Yes, even outside TripleO, it's already hard to follow all changes
made in projects, so please do not deprecate things at the end of a
cycle.
Let's take some time, we do it in Pike, making good communication, so
folks like TripleO etc can have the whole Pike cycle to make
adjustments and we can hopefully remove this service in Queen.

>> - equivalent publisher/dispatcher support [4]
>>
>> gnocchi
>> - creator(user+project) unique ids [5]
>
> Not required but https://review.openstack.org/#/c/417340/ is lying
> around for 2 weeks. :)