[openstack-dev] [TC][Glance][Nova][TripleO][Heat][Mistral][Ironic][Murano] Glare

Mikhail Fedosin mfedosin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 16:16:05 UTC 2017

Hey, Flavio :) Thanks for your questions!

As you said currently only Nokia's adopting Glare for its own platform, but
if we talk about OpenStack, that I believe Mistral will start to use it
soon.
In my opinion Glare's adoption is low due to the fact that the project is
not included under Big Tent. I think it will be changed soon, because now
I'm finishing Glare v1 API proposal, and when it's done we will apply under
BT.

About Glance v2 API - as I said they are +- the same with several cosmetic
differences (in Glance status is called 'queued', in Glare we renamed it to
'drafted', and so on). For this reason I'm going to implement a middleware,
that will provide a full Image API v2 for Glare (even with unnecessary
'/v2' prefix) and glance clients will be able to communicate with it as
with Glance. It's definitely doable and we can discuss it more detailed
during the PTG.

Best,
Mike