[openstack-dev] [nova] Device tag in the API breaks in the old microversion

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 15:27:00 UTC 2017

On 1/24/2017 3:34 AM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:

> But from looking at api-ref and db, i am little bit confused. API-ref
> says device tag as "An arbitrary tag." [6] and DB also have it as
> Column(String(255)) [7]
>
> But our tag validation we mistakenly removed is more strict actually as
> per [8] which seems good so we should fix/mention the same in DB and
> api-ref clearly.

The server tags and device tags in the DB are using different length
columns, but they have a consistent schema in the REST API don't they?
The REST API restricts the tags to 60 characters so the backing DB model
doesn't really matter (and an API user shouldn't need to know or care
what the data model is).

Matt Riedemann