[openstack-dev] [puppet] CI status for Ubuntu

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Jan 24 14:55:12 UTC 2017

On 01/24/2017 02:43 PM, Corey Bryant wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 6:34 PM, Alex Schultz <aschultz at redhat.com
> <mailto:aschultz at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Just FYI,
>
>     We switched the Ubuntu scenario jobs to non-voting this week due to
>     the large amount of breakage caused by the ocata-proposed update to m2
>     based packages.  The Ubuntu beaker jobs are still voting on the
>     modules themselves.
>
>     Here's where we're keeping track of issues:
>
>     https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/puppet-ubuntu-ocata-m2
>     <https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/puppet-ubuntu-ocata-m2>
>
>     So if anyone wants to jump in and help that would be great.  We
>     addressed the libvirt, ceilometer and aodh issues. Still outstanding
>     as of now are items related to the webob 1.7, designate mdns failure
>     and python-gabbi missing for tempest.  There might be more issues, but
>     this is what we're aware of at the moment.
>
>     Thanks,
>     -Alex
>

> Alex, I just wanted to make sure webob is no longer an issue for you
> now.  It should be ok now that we're at version 1:1.6.2-2.

FYI, this was a very unfortunate upload of the latest webob version in
Sid, which was reverted. IMO though, OpenStack should prepare itself to
support the latest version to avoid failures once we decide that webob
1.7.x should be uploaded again. Affected projects:

- glance
- gnocchi
- keystone
- nova
- keystonemiddleware
- oslo.middleware

There's probably more, but that's what was detected rebuilding all of
the Debian archive after webob 1.7.x was uploade in Sid.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)